Wednesday 30 December 2015

Woman Loses Pregnancy Following Brutality Of DPO In Ogun

The brutality of a police DPO in Ogun state has reportedly led to a 37-year-old woman, Risikat Bamidele, suffering a miscarriage.
Risikat lost her nine-week-old pregnancy after police officers tortured her in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital.
The battered woman had been at the Kemta police station on Saturday, November 28, to secure the release of her detained husband.
She was making calls to some members of the family, when the infuriated police boss ordered that her phone be seized.
When the woman refused to release the phone, the DPO allegedly ordered his men to deal with her.
After the officers allegedly dealt blows to the victim she started bleeding profusely.
Risikat was detained that night and all her pleas fell on deaf ears. She said: “I was begging them to release me because my husband is in their custody and there is nobody at home to take care of my children. They collected my phone, I could not call anybody, it was my neighbour that took care of my children.
‪”In the mid night, I was having stomach pain. I called the police man at the counter that I was having pains in my stomach but he said there is nothing he can do.”
The victim condition stabilised at the station. However, she collapsed three days later at her place of work in the Catholic Comprehensive High School, Onikolobo, Abeokuta.
Following another round of bleeding she was rushed to a nearby hospital.
The victim, who is currently receiving treatment at the State Hospital, said: “I went to my office to sign before going to the hospital. It was there that I collapsed in the office and was rushed to the hospital. The doctor confirmed that I have lost my nine weeks pregnancy.”
The police spokesman, Muyiwa Adejobi, told Premium Times that the police command was not aware of the incident.
Adejobi added that the police commissioner would be interested in the matter if the command is notified by the affected family.
He urged the family to inform the police about the issue, promising that the command will take it up from there.
In another development, a police officer has accidentally shot his wife to death. The officer was reportedly trying to remove his gun from its pouch when .

No comments:

Post a Comment