© Provided by TIME Inc.Pink will "Try" her hand at making the world a better place as the latest UNICEF ambassador.
"The fire was lit, obviously, because I'm a mama," the singer – and mom to daughter Willow Sage, 3, with husband Carey Hart – tells PEOPLE exclusively
As an ambassador, the Grammy winner will focus on children's health initiatives, specifically on active lifestyles and nutrition, serving as the spokesperson for the charity organization's new initiative, Kid Power. Through an activity-tracking bracelet and app, Kid Power hopes to inspire children to live healthier lives.
"Statistically, one in four kids in the U.S. are inactive. And I'm all about fitness and health and positivity. One in four kids, globally, are malnourished. So UNICEF has found a way, with Kid Power, to combat both problems at the same time," says Pink, 36.
"You're getting kids super motivated to move their feet, and you're also creating, global citizens, where they care, and they're able to help other kids around the world."
The "Just Give Me a Reason" singer has witnessed children in need around the world firsthand. In July, she joined UNICEF on a trip to Haiti, where she visited a health center for mothers and infants. It was that trip that reminded her of the power children have to inspire.
"They're so ready to fix their world. They just keep going. Kids are so resilient. I sat with this little 4- or 5-year-old. And she just held her hands on my face and sang to me. She's living in a one-room shack with her entire family and hardly any food, and she's taking the time to sit with me and sing with me," she says. "The kids give me the most hope."
While Pink admits her time with UNICEF is just getting started, she's excited to start "using my big mouth" for good.