Monday 15 February 2016

Man jailed for life after beating girlfriend, killing unborn son

– A 22-year-old man repeatedly stamped on his pregnant girlfriend’s belly, killing their unborn son 
– He did not want to be a father and she refused to have an abortion
– He was found guilty of child destruction and  jailed for life
Kevin Wilson, 22, was not ready for fatherhood, while his girlfriend Malorie Bantala, 22, couldn’t wait to hold her baby son. But her dream never came true. She was coming home from buying gifts and decorations for a baby shower, when Wilson and his teen friend attacked her.
Kevin Wilson (right), who killed his unborn baby by repeatedly kicking and punching his heavily pregnant ex-girlfriend (left)
The duo, both wearing motorcycle helmets, repeatedly kicked, punched and stamped on the terrified woman deliberately targeting her stomach in June last year. Family and neighbours rushed Bantala to hospital, where the stillborn baby was delivered by emergency C-section.
She was treated for severe internal bleeding and broken bones. Wilson was arrested the day after the assault, his accomplice was detained weeks later. Both denied they were at the scene of the attack, and even in court a father-to-be still refused to admit guilt over the incident.
As Miss Bantala approached her flat, Wilson and his accomplice emerged from nearby bushes where they had lain in wait disguised in crash helmets
Miss Bantala, who is still physically and mentally recovering from the attack, said in a statement: “I remember looking at him and then something clicked in my mind and I said “Oh s***, it’s Kevin”. He turned round and we made brief eye contact. I didn’t have time to think anything because by the time I knew it, I was on the floor. 
Kevin proceeded to kick my stomach, probably three or four times and then he stamped on my stomach twice. By then I had screamed “Kevin” for him to stop but he continued to kick my stomach. The moment Joel died inside me I lost everything, literally. Life as I knew it no longer made sense.”
Kevin  Wilson has been sentenced to life with a minimum term of 16 years and his accomplice, aged 17, was sentenced to 10 years detention with a further four years on extended licence.

No comments:

Post a Comment